I’ve done everything in power to NOT have to write this post but I’ve just reached my ends and something has to give.
I know we just got started here and a lot of you have been enjoying the strip but I won’t be able to continue posting three days a week.
I’m sorry. I know most of you will probably write off the strip and if that’s the case I can’t do anything to change your mind.
I don’t think I have to tell anyone that 2020 was a shit year. If I ever have to endure another year like that I may just move to a cabin in the woods and eat squirrel turds for the rest of my life.
For 9-10 months of last year I’ve been unemployed. This year is starting off weak but at least I’m back to something. I’ve been hanging on by a thread financially and now our family has received some news that has just taken the wind right out of my sails. For privacy reasons I’m not going to divulge details but rest assured it’s a very serious situation for someone very dear to me.
So I’m not going to be able to continue posting online three days a week. What I AM going to try and do is post new stuff as I’m able to make it because I still plan to work on things. That may be a story every couple of weeks or a single strip here and there. I really don’t know at this point.
The best thing I can offer to help you stay in the loop on new stuff is pointing you to the newsletter. Every week it’ll spit out an email if you’re signed up for the comic strip updates so that you’ll know when something goes up. Otherwise, it should be just a blank email since there will have been nothing new.
So the TL;DR bullet list on this is…
• The strip will be going to “as available” status starting immediately.
• I do not know when it will return to any regular schedule but I hope soon.
• I will continue to work on new strips and post them as I am able.
• ALL content currently on the site stays right where it is. The site isn’t going anywhere.
• Signing up for the newsletter is probably the best way to keep in the loop without visiting the site frequently.
I’ll be in touch.